“For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.” ~ John 3:16 NIV
“All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.”
2 Timothy 3:16-17 NIV
All Christians are very familiar with John 3:16. Whether you are new in the walk or a veteran. This is the first verse that we get taught because it’s a crucial verse that explains just how much God loves us. As crucial as it is, it gets overlooked way to often! When God gave his son, he gave it all! He gave his son and within his son we received a flow of overwhelming YESES toward us! God didn’t want us to perish so he gave us his son. Which is why today we can say such things like;
• Here’s my broken heart lord~ I delight in the broken-hearted. (Psalm 34:18)
• Here’s my trouble mind Lord ~ The Holy Spirit will intercede on your behalf, in your moments of weakness and troubles. (Romans 8:26)
• Lord I can’t find peace~ My peace surpasses all. (Philippians 4:6-7)
• Lord look at my financial needs~ I will meet all your needs according to my riches. (Philippians 4:19)
• Lord I feel alone ~ Be strong and courageous; for he will never leave you or forsake you. (Deuteronomy 31:6)
• Lord I feel you far away from me ~ The Lord is far from the wicked but near the righteous. (Psalm 15:29)
• Lord I feel weak ~ Come to me all who are with heavy loads and I will give you rest. (Matthew 11:28)
These are not even half of the riches that we have when we accept the Lord. It’s not enough speaking our love for the Lord but not living that radical love out. It’s not enough to praise certain days or when we are in a horrible situation. There’s no such thing as a part time christian! God sees all and in the midst of all, he sees who seeks him whole heartedly. In Matthew 15:8 the Lord reminds us that, “These people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me.” If you feel like your far away from God or that he is far away from you; analyze where your heart is at. Without fail we are the ones that run away from God. God never forsakes us. He is always there waiting in the same spot we left him.
Draw closer to God today. He is gentle toward his children. He is waiting for you to forgive yourself because he has already forgiven you. He’s waiting for you to return to his arms!
God bless !
~ Victoria 💛