“Did you know joy is your right as a believer and follower of Jesus Christ? But the enemy wants you to feel beat-up and condemned for things you have done in the past. He wants to rob you of your God-given right to joy. We all have to hide in the wounds of Calvary. We have all fallen short of the standard. We have ALL rebelled against God’s authority over our life. But we are also blessed because our sins have been forgiven.
A lot of Christians don’t understand the power of God’s grace. They are forgiven and they are on their way to heaven, but they think they have to pay for what they did by being sad and beating up on themselves when nothing could be further from the truth. Grace wins! But until you acknowledge and accept that, you will allow the enemy to steal your joy.
Read all of Psalm 32 and Psalm 51. Remember to take note of anything that stands out to you as you read.
Where would you rate your joy on a scale between 1 and 10, with 1 being completely nonexistent and 10 being as good as it can possibly be?
What would it take to move that score closer to a 10?
If you are not full of joy, then you are not full of the Word of God. He wants you to have joy, whether you believe you deserve it or not. Psalm 16:11 says, “In His presence is fullness of joy!” “
If you have struggled to find joy, take some steps to get closer to receiving it!
1. Identify what is stealing your joy.
2. How is it holding you hostage or how are you letting it hold you hostage.
3. Begin to pray about it. Not just once a day but every time you feel the need to! Do it daily!
4. Start reading the word. Verses that speak into your process, copy it down and post in in common areas. Like your bedroom, bathroom, car and etc. The more you see it the more you will remember it and apply it.
5. If it’s possible take yourself out of all things that is not edifying you. Negative people, movies, music, group chats, social media, or social places.
6. Take away the responsibility of joy from the thing or person you placed it on and bring it back to God’s hands.
7. Speak, see, and hear everything about joy.